Hello, everyone! Amy Young here with her fresh copy of the Huntsville Daily, filled with everything you need to know about what’s happening locally. Includes updates to…
- Arrest in regions bank robberies
- Huntsville City FC announces pre-season schedule
- Huntsville City Schools is implementing new safety measures
But first today’s weather:
Low clouds and cool. High: 45 Low: 27.
Shoutout to our key local sponsors:
- Do you run a business in Huntsville and need a place to work with the option of flexible administrative support? Huntsville Hub is Huntsville’s premier professional workplace helping small businesses since 1994. Locally owned and operated by locals, the hub offers personalized administrative support, private office suites, coworking and dedicated desks, virtual office services, and a variety of meeting spaces. Visit them here to find out more – mention Patch for a free lounge day pass or hour-long meeting.
- Are you looking for a natural way to unwind, get restful sleep, and gain more energy and focus? Sunmed, your Huntsville CBD store, offers a wide range of CBD products designed to put you in control of your health. Sunmed offers high-quality, lab-tested products that offer the health benefits of hemp in consumer-friendly formats. Visit her here to learn more or see in person at 5000 Whitesburg Dr. Suite 104 over.
Would you like to see your company here? Click here to start.
Here are today’s top stories from Huntsville:
- One arrest was made in the recent raids on Regions Bank. The suspect was sentenced to community corrections and wore an ankle monitor during most of the robberies and has reportedly admitted to all four incidents. (WHNT Messages 19)
- Huntsville City FC has announced their preseason schedule! Their very first game will be in Birmingham on February 11, with their first home game on March 4. (WEAPON)
- Huntsville City Schools have decided to implement scanners using Evolv technology to help protect against guns in school buildings. This decision comes just a week after two students brought guns to HSC schools. The new system will rotate between schools within the district. (WEAPON)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter from Huntsville Patch is partially provided by T-Mobile. T-Mobile has invested billions to shine a light on its best-ever network, covering 99 percent of America’s people with LTE, helping to keep communities like ours informed and connected. Thank you to T-Mobile for their support and for making today’s Huntsville Patch newsletter possible.
Today in Huntsville:
- AHSAA Bowling State Championships (all day)
- BOE Meeting – Regular Session – Madison County (17:30)
- Jemison vs East Limestone, Fultondale — Wrestling – Seniors Night (6:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- You can visit the Huntsville Ballet Company for performances of “Off Stage!” on February 17-18. (Details)
- Art Huntsville: “Arts Huntsville is pleased to announce a mural opportunity for local artists in partnership with Kroger Co.! (Art Huntsville via Facebook)
- Registrations for Spring Break Camps at Huntsville Parks and Recreation will be available soon! (Details)
- You have until noon today to enter Downtown Huntsville, Inc.’s sweepstakes for two tickets to the Von Brewski Beer Festival on Facebook! (Details)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
You’re all caught up for today! See you tomorrow for your next update.
— amy young