Hello, everyone. Gail Lafleche here with her fresh copy of the Alpharetta-Milton Daily, full of all the community news you need to know right now. Includes updates to…
- Grand opening for Sid’s Pizza & Grill
- Milton Police Department raises funds for Special Olympics
- SMS 9-1-1 ask for help
- Fire at Peachtree Ridge High School
- Plane landed on I-985
But first today’s weather:
Today it will be cooler with clearing. The high is 46 and the low is 27.
📢 I am looking for Business Owners and Marketers in Alpharetta-Milton who want to create awareness, connect with customers and increase sales.
I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our readers to local businesses they need to know about. If this is you, then I invite you to find out more and secure your place now.
Here are the top stories in Alpharetta-Milton today:
- Sid’s Pizza & Grill’s is celebrating a grand opening of its Alpharetta location today! This popular Suwanee restaurant is opening a new location today at 11770 Haynes Bridge Rd., Suite 301 in downtown Alpharetta. Celebrate the Ribbon Cutting (Sid’s Pizza) at 2:00 p.m.
- The Milton Police Department is holding a fundraiser next month to raise money for Special Olympics. You perform a polar plunge on February 25th. Here is a link if you are interested in making a donation or starting your own team. https://www.classy.org/team/47…. Proceeds go to special needs programs for over 17,000 Georgia residents. (City of Milton)
- Do you know how to call for help when you can’t speak? In Alpharetta and Milton you can write 9-1-1 if you cannot speak or if speaking would be dangerous. You can’t send photos or videos this way, and the texter needs to know his location. This feature could help save someone’s life! (Alpharetta Public Safety Department via Facebook)
- Earlier this week, a fire broke out at Peachtree Ridge High School in nearby Suwanee, prompting the school to be evacuated. The fire was quickly extinguished and no one was injured. “The Atlanta Journal-Constitution received video of a fire in a school bathroom. Video shows toilet paper and its dispenser in a bathroom stall on fire and emitting black smoke.” Officials are investigating the cause of the fire. (The Atlanta Journal Articles of Association)
- Drivers in Buford were caught by surprise on Tue. when a plane landed on I-985. The single engine Piper PA-28 had taken off from Gwinnett County Airport in the afternoon and collided with a trailer truck on the freeway. “Hazmats units removed 10 gallons of fuel from the aircraft before it could be moved.” Fortunately, there were no injuries and officials are investigating the cause of the crash. (WSB Atlanta)
Today in Alpharetta Milton:
- Changing the conversation about mental health: Georgia Update at the summit coNseling Center, 69 North Main Street in Alpharetta (registration required) (10:00 A.M)
- English/ESL class at the Alpharetta Library, 10 Park Plaza (11:00 a.m.)
- at the Milton Library, 855 Mayfield Road (11:00 a.m.)
- FREE Training: Community Resiliency Model (CRM) at the Summit Counseling Center, 69 North Main Street in Alpharetta (registration required) (1:00 p.m.)
- karaoke! at the Firefly Grill & Bar, 3070 Windward Plaza in Alpharetta (8:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Birmingham Falls Elementary School recently celebrated its 100th day. The kindergarten teachers had a costume parade with their educators. Later, the PTO held a compliment day with flowers. There was also a drawing competition in the café. (Birmingham Falls Elementary School via Facebook)
- Good news for guests at Bell Memorial Park in Milton – the toilets have been fixed! The pipes burst in the cold a few weeks ago. The city thanks everyone for their patience during the repairs. (City of Milton, Georgia – Government via Facebook)
- Kudos to the nurse at Creek View Elementary School Tracy Lynn Wagner. She was named Georgia School Nurse Of The Year!!! Our school is lucky to have them! (Creek View Elementary School PTA via Facebook)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
- karaoke! (January 26)
- Free Boot Camp 4 Divorce Workshop for Women (January 28)
- ALONG FOR THE RIDE – Birthday party at FTE! (January 28)
- Atlanta Wedding Spectacular (January 29)
- Intuitive Painting Courses – Unleash the Healing Power of Your Creative Process (January 30)
- Seminar on Taxes in Retirement at Milton City Hall (February 1)
- Scream Your Heart Out Ghost Hunt and Interactive Paranormal Investigations in Jasper’s Old Prison (February 3)
- Homebuyer Workshop – This is for ANY buyer – your first home or your forever home! (February 11)
- Crossing Over with Psychic Medium John Edward (Live)! (February 23)
- Add your event
Thank you for participating and staying informed! Up soon.
— Gail Lafleche
Do you have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Alpharetta-Milton Daily? Contact me at [email protected]